Organizing Tanks, Need Help!

mwood2

Fish Addict
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
749
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver WA (US)
Ok, so looking at my tanks I feel kinda bad about the condition. Plants are kinda un organized and wilted. Water changes are kinda lacking (doing close to bi weekly more then weekly). My feeding habbits are kinda off too (feed puffers every few days). Tomorrow I plan to go into my tanks and make a big difference. I have a 20 gallon long that sitting here waiting for the lighting so I figure I can use it to work on my tanks. I plan to thin the stock of my 29 gallon and while thinned move the plants and trip the wilted and make the tank look better over all. Plan to do 50-60% water changes in both the 10 and 29. Lastly I want to change the stocking to:

10 Gallon:
1-2 DP (haven't seen one in a few days...)

29 Gallon:
1 Molly
1 Opaline Gourami
1 Keyhole Chichild
8 Cooli Loach
2 BN Pleco
1 Upsidedown catfish

20 Gallon:
5 Bloodfin tetra
1 Molly
4-7 Oto

This wouldn't add any fish to my stocking and would lighten the load of all my tanks (see my sig for current stockings). From there I don't know what I would add but I think doing this really would help my tanks. Any suggestions and opinions? How much room would I have left in the 20 Long and the 29 regular

Also as for the media, since the 30 is so stocked and I'm just moving the 5 Bloodfin, 1 Molly and some oto how much of that media should I move?
 
I don't think you're supposed to remove more than 1/3 of the media in one go, so I'd go with that. Keep a close eye on stats for a while, obviously :good:
Have fun-I love a good clearout :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top