Ordering Online!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

RyanTheFishGuy64

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm proud to say I am ordering fish online for the first time! If anyone has any tips then Id be glad to hear them! Thanks

Alright, ive ordered fish shipments about 10-20 times by now, if you do one day shipping, make SURE you are there to sign for the package so it doesnt get stuck on the shipping truck and then you have to go to the postage office to pick up your fish.

Second, have the lights in your room dim and when introducing the fish into their new home leave the lights off for a few hours.

Next you just open the box and treat them like a fish you bought from your LFS :D

Mind if i ask who you are ordering from?

sawickib said:
Alright, ive ordered fish shipments about 10-20 times by now, if you do one day shipping, make SURE you are there to sign for the package so it doesnt get stuck on the shipping truck and then you have to go to the postage office to pick up your fish.

Second, have the lights in your room dim and when introducing the fish into their new home leave the lights off for a few hours.

Next you just open the box and treat them like a fish you bought from your LFS
biggrin.png

Mind if i ask who you are ordering from?
His name on aquabid is "thatplantguy" but his email is under "Kings Aquatics"  if you go on aquabid and just type in "Platy" you can see some of his stuff...pretty good ratings if you ask me!

Alright, just checking if i had ordered from him before haha, a lot of the people on aquabid are quality sellers, good luck!

My advice would be to buy from sellers with almost no negative feedback :) 

I've ordered off of aquabid dozens of times. No bad experiences to date. I'm always lurking on that site to find the best deal. I usually manage to find free shipping on anything I need. :)

Whats the 9$ for? Did you pay for the fish and shipping already?

sawickib said:
Whats the 9$ for? Did you pay for the fish and shipping already?
I was confused and payed 6.95 instead of 14.95 so 6.95 + 8 14.95 (so not 9..8) ...lol

You where only supposed to pay the cost of fish and 6.95. the 14.95 is an advertisement 

Pickle said:
You where only supposed to pay the cost of fish and 6.95. the 14.95 is an advertisement 
thats not what he said...he said it was 14.95

Hey I have a quick question, I did a water change 5 days ago. Should I do another before my fish get here in a couple of days or will it be stressful to put them in and then do a water change the next day?

Water change before hand. I hope you have all males in that tank. 10 gallons is really not enough for three platys and a molly...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back