Orange Stuff Stuck To The Sides Of My Tank?

MollyFresh

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jun 22, 2008
Messages
204
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
New Jersey, US
I have about a 2 month old 35 gallon tank that has a lot of fry in it. I have been feeding them crushed up flakes, baby brine shrimp, and worms for like 1-2 weeks now and I woke up this morning, fed my fish and noticed this orange stuff at the side of my tank, its on the walls of it. I don't know what it is and I hope its harmless. Anyone know what this could be?
 
i have brown algae and i dont know what to do with it or how to get rid of it becuase i dont know any fish that eat it!
 
brown algae is caused by excess sunlight or light, so cutting down the time the lights are on each day should get rid of it, also cut back feeding for a while
 
scrape it off with a magnet doo-dah and if it comes off in lumps ,net them and chuck them, i get this quie suddnely on my krib tank :)
 
it doesnt come of in lumps tho. i will cut down on the light and food. thanks guys and gals!
 
Brown algea is quite common in new tanks. Dont panic too much!

Try cutting down on the light, also most algea eaters will eat brown algae.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top