Opinions on these tanks please

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mikeyboy123

Fish Fanatic
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Anyone got any of the following and able to comment specifically on the lighting and whether or not it will be sufficient.

Ciano aqua 20
Super fish home 30
Super fish start 30
Aquatlantis explorer lisbon

Not looking to grow anything demanding, h polysperma, vallis, elodea, b monnieri, Java moss. The start 30 and Ciano aqua 20 in particular seem to have quite stubby lights so my instinct tells me that only the middle part of the tank would be well lit and that plants at the sides in particular will be starved of light. If anyone who has experience of any of these can comment in this regard I would be most grateful.

I’m not bothered about the filtration that comes with them as I will most likely use different filters.

I had the super fish home 30, which I bought from Maidenhead aquatics as I thought this would be a good all in one, starter set.

The lights we ok for ‘easy’ care plants, but the tank as a whole was very plastic-y and you lose a lot of the water space and visibility in the tank but the siliconed on black box to hold the filter and heater. I used a carving knife to remove it from my tank after watching a couple of YouTube videos.

The top bit (that has the lights in it) it very flimsy when you lift it open to do any maintenance.

I replaced mine within a year and bought a better quality tank, re-used the filter and heater and bought a separate set of lights.

Calling all British members, your help is requested regarding local aquarium brands. :)

I bought a plain “box” aquarium from this company. I can’t explain why it is so beautiful and such a different quality from the Super Fish tank, but you can see the quality difference (I’m almost embarrassed to be admitting this) !!
Although the tank quality is amazing, the customer services experience leaves much to be desired, but the wait is really worth it. I had the clear silicone and glass lid…

ED338115-97B9-41F8-BD7C-4781FFB5C758.jpeg

Not sure that I’m much of an expert on tanks though…

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back