Opinions On My New Discus

interpet123

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey all, just after some comments on my new snakeskin discus, thanks in advance!! :good:

IMG_2686.jpg

IMG_2674.jpg

IMG_2679.jpg

Its just the two by the way! :)

Beautiful discus :wub: , one day I will venture into keeping them as they are such a stunning fish.

are their fins always slightly clamped? also as i said before they look very small and will need a lot of time and effort for them to reach their full potential. the 2nd ones eye looks quite large which maybe a sign of stunting but it might be too early to tell yet. where these from a lfs?

That's the right size to buy a discus.. Feed them mussels everyday.. ( and normal food)

are their fins always slightly clamped? also as i said before they look very small and will need a lot of time and effort for them to reach their full potential. the 2nd ones eye looks quite large which maybe a sign of stunting but it might be too early to tell yet. where these from a lfs?

agreed the fins shouldnt be clamped like that . i would also say these fish appear a bit stunted , also in the 3rd pic where they are head on they look to be a touch underweight too. sorry to sound so negative but you did ask for an honest opinion. how many times a day are you feeding them , and what are you feeding?

Their fins aren't normally like that and yes they were from my lfs and yes its eye looks big, cos i took the picture at a weird angle, its slightly smaller in real life!! :good:

Hey all, just after some comments on my new snakeskin discus, thanks in advance!! :good:

IMG_2686.jpg

IMG_2674.jpg

IMG_2679.jpg

Its just the two by the way! :)
really nice hope they bring you much enjoyment. ive just bought a bigger tank as mine have outgrown the one they started in hopefully put a link up for you to see http://s1185.photobucket.com/albums/z348/gillicous/

That's the right size to buy a discus.. Feed them mussels everyday.. ( and normal food)
that's a really nice set up just out of interest what size is your tank setup and what is your maintainance regime for it?

interpet123 and gillicous:

Very beautiful fish! :wub: I would love to keep these in the future

agreed the fins shouldnt be clamped like that . i would also say these fish appear a bit stunted , also in the 3rd pic where they are head on they look to be a touch underweight too. sorry to sound so negative but you did ask for an honest opinion. how many times a day are you feeding them , and what are you feeding?

I asked all this in another thread and by the looks of it they will be receiving weekly water changes with arguably less than enough food. It's such a shame though because these could potentialy be lovely fish if the advice is taken now. But I don't think it will be.

Beautiful discus i bought my first discus a little over 2 years ago and have never regret it. Out of my 4 i originally started with 2 of them (BlueCobalt, Red Marlboro) have paired off :rolleyes: i am looking forward to new baby discus. And just remember to feed them lots of beef heart and blood worms in many small quantities every day. Good luck

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back