Opening Tff Goes To A Page About Wireless Routers - Warning

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Clear the cache maybe. 

In Opera Browser after emptying cash and history:

Now when I click on my bookmark the splash screen warning me about malware and asking me if I want to return to my home page or ignore the warning has gone..................however when the page loads up it still has the little red circle with exclamation mark next to the address bar which when clicked says 'Malware warning etc.........'

First off, if this post needs to be modified or deleted, please feel free or let me know.
I apologize to the Admin/Staff if this is seen as bypassing possible revenue options.  I would much rather willingly donate than be served ads.

Just to shed some light on the topic, I believe that this issue is caused from ads running on the forum (caspion service).

In short, an advertisement is abusing its ability to be embedded in a webpage.  Depending on if the ad is served to you when trying to come in from a search engine link, the ad is redirecting you out of TFF to an external site. You should be able to verify (and bypass) this issue by installing AdBlock extensions on your browser.  I have tested the extension and when falling a link to the forum from Google Search when not running the AdBlock, 2:7 times I was redirected. When running AdBlock extension, 0:10 redirects.

Before running AdBlock:
ads.png

Running AdBlock:
noads.png

As stated in my first post, AdBlock did not stop the redirect when following a link from two search engines.

It appears the problem has been fixed by an admin. Still no more redirects and I still use search engine links and no AdBlock.

In Opera Browser (on laptop) when I click on my bookmark I get this:

Screenshot%2013_zpslrdayfke.png

Then when I click on 'ignore this warning' I get the exclamation mark next to the address bar which when clicked on looks like this:

ScreenshotTFF_zpsl2ddokg9.jpg

You will notice that I have both adblock and adblockplus in this browser.

and today on a different computer:

From Bing clicking on the link to Tropical Fish Forum the page that opened was a sex hook-up website.

What did we decide was the issue last time? It seemed to go away on it's own...

Most reactions

Back