oops my mistake

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

kaztrekie

Reaction score
thanks to all who advised me not to put any goldfish in a 10 litre tank as it was`nt suitable. it is a 10 gallon this is what being a mum to a 19month old do`es i can`t even remember size of tank :crazy: now i updated this any advice on first goldfish for a 10 gallon tank. :D

Im no goldfish expert but I dont think a 10 gallon is big enough either. I think they get pretty big, and are very dirty fish for their size. Would it be possible to get something bigger, maybe a 20 gal.

Ops c- for spelling

Ten gallons is way to small for a goldfish imo. They grow very fast, get very large, and are very messy. Seriously, VERY MESSY! :crazy: From my experience i will not attempt to keep goldfish again unless i can allow 30 gallons of overfiltered water per goldfish, although other people may consider that overkill. I tried keeping 2 in a 20 gallon and it was simply not possible to keep the nitrates diluted to a reasonable level. My tank is unheated but very warm, about 76º in winter, over 80º in summer, so the higher temp may explain the over the top waste production. 20 gallons per fish may work in cooler climates.

Ten gallons is a very small tank, it is literally a small amount of room and a small water volume for waste dilution. I think you should look into small fish for your small tank, preferably fish that don't require a lot of swimming room.

I wouldn't try to keep goldfish in any tank, really. Outdoor ponds make such nicer habitat for them. Twice a year cleanings and they can grow out to their full size... >.<

OKay, thats what I get for having a 1 foot+ long goldfish from hell who took over a tank... never again.

Most reactions

Back