One Fish Acting Really Weird?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

gh74

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have a fish in the tank that keeps jumping out of the water and hitting the hood etc,can anyone tell me why its acting so weird yet i have another one the same and it is fine.

Cheers

what type of fish are jumping out---what other fish are in the tank--how big is the tank--do water parameters test ok?

tested water parameters yesterday all ok there is about 8 fish in it,its a rio 240,the fish is pink tailed chalceus.

cheers

What are the other fish in the tank? What is 'ok' water parameters? Exact numbers would be appreciated.
Do you have any floating plants? Apparently these can be rather skittish and that will help them. HERE is more info.

there in with a few other fish that i moved out of the other tank,it hasnt did it again now in a while

WP are

ph 7.6
hr 7.4
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 0

all exact same in the other tank and both have been cycled :) i know you will say that the levels arent right but thats all i can tell you ;)

I know you add something to your tank I think don't you which is why there is no nitrates. I'd like to know the exact fish though :p
I'm wondering if any of them could be bothering/freaking out the fish that is jumping. Have you changed anything recently? Is the tank in a heavy traffic area or near a door?

Its in with another pink tailed,2 balas,2 s dollars,1 pictus cat,2 gouramis 2 albino sharks,thats it and i have the tank against a wall away from the door and window,...this is the only fish that i moved out off the lido 200,and it had never did it in the other tank and its all the same tank mates that hes in with nothing ever bothers with them.

How long has the fish been in the 240? maybe the change of tank has set it off if you are sure water is up to scratch and no bullying is going on should settle after a while I'd imagine, is it jumping with the lights on or off?

It was jumping when the lights were on,but it settled eventually and hasnt been doing it since :) he could of ended up with a bad headache :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back