One Corydora Left (2 Gone)

mwood2

Fish Addict
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
749
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver WA (US)
so after coming home from school today I found one more cory down. I removed him from the tank right away and am keeping an eye on the last one. Everyone else in the tank is fine, The 2 AFD and the Platy are fine and moving around. With 1 Cory left I am wondering what to do with my tank next, It was my fault for this to happen since I didnt do my research properly and they would not eat the food given to them. So now I wonder what my next task should be in my tank. I currently seem to have some plant problems as well as algae problems.

When I get my bigger tank (30+ Gallons) in the next few weeks I plan to get that set up and turn it into a Dp tank but as for my gallon I'm at a lost. I do like my AFD but would like to see more fish in there. If nothing else I plan to put 1-2 more AFD if I dont get any interesting ideas.

Lastly should I removed my 2 Amazon swords or aim to revive them somehow? parts are turing brown and starting to decay causing some decaying problems. I was considering a Co2 injector but am not sure if there to far gone.


Also I'm not to far into the shrimp thing. I may add 1-2 into my gf's tank but for now I dont have plans for them in mine.
 
If you are having algae problems at the same time as plant problems - then that might mean there are not enough nutirents in the tank for the plants to grow.

Generally - algae does best in nutrient deprived conditions.. just like weeds tend to grow best on bad condition lawns.

Try adding some aquarium plant food, following the instructions on the pack. Algae may start to clear up, and plants may stop going brown.

There is a section on this forum for planted aquariums - take a look in there or ask some questions. They're a helpful lot.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top