Omg!

I don't really agree w/ boycotting stores that sell dyed fish. I mean my LFS is terrible, bad quality, bad heath, and out of about 20 tanks 3-4 hold dyed fish. They have been trying to sell a parrot that had its head dyed red for $44, I really don't like that store. But the store I buy my fish from still sells dyed fish. They have 100+ tank w/ only 2 tanks having dyed fish. Other than that the place is awesome.
maybe not boycott then, possibly some encouragement? - the store you buy from, is it a small business or a chain? i tend to find small businesses better at listening to what their customers want!

as for your LFS, it sounds awful - luckily i've not come across any around south wales that are bad, all of them seem to have well kept tanks and happy looking fish, even if the staff are questionable at times :P
 
I don't really agree w/ boycotting stores that sell dyed fish. I mean my LFS is terrible, bad quality, bad heath, and out of about 20 tanks 3-4 hold dyed fish. They have been trying to sell a parrot that had its head dyed red for $44, I really don't like that store. But the store I buy my fish from still sells dyed fish. They have 100+ tank w/ only 2 tanks having dyed fish. Other than that the place is awesome.
maybe not boycott then, possibly some encouragement? - the store you buy from, is it a small business or a chain? i tend to find small businesses better at listening to what their customers want!

as for your LFS, it sounds awful - luckily i've not come across any around south wales that are bad, all of them seem to have well kept tanks and happy looking fish, even if the staff are questionable at times :P
Both are private owned places. The place I go is almost an hour away. They normally listen to what I want, but with it being the biggest store in the state, they don't care too much about what I don't want. They can get everything from neon tetras to freshwater stingrays, clownfish to sharks. If you total up their stock the dyed fish would make up mabey 2% of it. It doesn't bother me too much, its when I see lots of dyed fish like in my LFS. Its worse than awful, I don't go in their unless its an emergency. If it's not the dyed fish that bother me its there two rows of dog cloths and strollers. 5 minuets in there and I'm grinding my teeth.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top