Ok, Salty Set Up Is Next On The List. Uuum.....

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

micko

drive it like you stole it.
Reaction score
After around 7 years of fresh water I'm wanting to dip my toes into a new challenge.

I've a Trigon 350 I wish to convert to SW. Having talked with a few and doing some research and taking a look at a book I won on some crazy Facebook salty competition I wasn't even aware I'd entered over a year ago I plan on sumping the tank although at the moment I don't know if the Trigon 350 can be drilled at the bottom. I'd prefer this method as the tank can sit flush in against my wall then. If this isn't possible then I would rather get an over flow box as if the tank has to sit out from the wall then I'd rather not risk damaging the tank.
I can use a drill but have never drilled a tank, never had to so all of this will be looked into a wee bit more when the time comes.
I've been hearing good reports about over flow boxes by Tunze, are they as good as I've been told?
Anyway, no plans on stock although I would love some nice coral.

I did think about setting up a smaller tank but as I've experienced in FW, smaller tanks water conditions can change quicker so I'm sure its no different in SW. I did think about getting one of those "plug and play" :crazy: tanks as they're more appealing in terms of none of this drilling or worrying about what equipment I should get but then if I done that I'd be no further in any knowledge of how to set one up. Plus, the ones I've seen locally are small, 100litres or under and as I have to break down a few FW tanks in order to get a marine tank I think I'd soon come to get resentful of having such a small tank with more limiting possibilities in regards to stocking than a larger tank and a bigger tank would be on the cards then so I'd have to do it anyway.

So, after all my rambling, I think all I've managed to do is confuse potential readers. I know what I'm on about anyway so I'm happy... I think.

This isn't going to happen today or tomorrow as I've still plenty of reading to do, lots more to learn and lots of money to gather for this new stage in the aquatic world.

I will update as and when, or when I am hounding people asking for questions and I'll be doing a lot of asking as I haven't a clue to be honest. All I can do is try to gather as much information as possible at the moment.

Thanks for reading.

Welcome to the salty side.... and a number of years of a new expensive addiction! hehe!

Thanks.

Its just going to be a 'as and when tank' I'm afraid. Did you sump your Rio in your sig? If so, what way did you do it? Nice looking tank by the way.

Welcome :) you'll see a lot of people go on about the "Berlin method" which is just lots of live rock and flow with usually a skimmer and/or refugium :p I'd like a sump If I could afford 1 lol

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back