Ok Just Got This... What The Heck Is It?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

At first glance, the first picture does give the impression of sunfish, however looking closely its not a sunfish. Color/patterns can be tricky on first glance, my first thought was young bluegill haha, just look closely and you'll see.

This is a bluegill right?

bluegilljpegay7.jpg

To me I'd say that is a red breasted sunfish, but I'm not particularly good at IDing them yet. The fish in question, at first glance, looked like a young bluegill, which do in a way look similar.

Now Im no expert on what cichlids can or cannot breed but has a firemouth and Keyhole be a possibility?...Nice fish regardless

I was thinking keyhole to then i thought the firemouth would just kill it. I have no idea what it is but it is a good looking fish! :cool:

It could be (just could be) a rare specie of firemouth genus Thorichthys? But ive no idea about the stripes in him though.

So it is possible to cross convict & FireM?, so if i can get my convict and my FireM to X any chance i could cross the CONXFM with my TexasXConvicts? TexasfireConvict

Well I know my guy is fertile. He has spawned (with fertilized eggs) with my female JB parrot (BP x Con variety). If those babies will be fertile is yet to be established. if you succeed in getting a FMxConxTex let me know. I would be interested in those babies. As for my guy. The more he develops, he seems to look mor eand more like a barred midas. He's at 6-7" right now and doesn't show any signs of slowing down. His body is jsut shaping out to be that of a midas and he is getting aggressive as all sin. He keeps my VERY dominant male con in check in that tank, even before he paired off.

Like vancouver said, the chances of fertility are rare in hybrids, especially unknown crosses. My goal is to infact keep breeding and try to combine as much as I can and see if I can make a new strain of hybrid (perhaps a smaller version of a FH- not looking like it, but popularity-wise) Maybe I'll do it oneday. or maybe in doing all this, I can trace back and figure out (if my fry come out looking like them) what is in a FH once and for all. Who knows?

I love the support Duke is still getting :D. He's my favorite fish!!! I can't wait to see his babies if they actually get aroudn to hatching. I think all the bottom dwellers are eating them :lol: lol.

JB parrots are short body pink convicts, they dont have BP in them.Good luck with the fry.

Most reactions

Back