Office Space

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Wow looking really fantastic. Are you dosing any fertilisers? Just wondering if it would help the Helanthium?

Wills

Wow looking really fantastic. Are you dosing any fertilisers? Just wondering if it would help the Helanthium?

Wills
Thanks. I put flourish tabs in about a week ago. I have also switched my liquids (TNC lite) from 5ml per week to 0.5ml per day. They were in an area of no flow and were acting as a trap for dead leaves - so I have cleaned that out. Pretty sure its just the initial die off as there is plenty of new growth and the runners are rooting. I also suspect I trimmed it too early to try to encourage carpeting. So will leave it alone for a few weeks to ensure all is well established before cutting again.

Thanks. I put flourish tabs in about a week ago. I have also switched my liquids (TNC lite) from 5ml per week to 0.5ml per day. They were in an area of no flow and were acting as a trap for dead leaves - so I have cleaned that out. Pretty sure its just the initial die off as there is plenty of new growth and the runners are rooting. I also suspect I trimmed it too early to encourage carpeting. So will leave it alone for a few weeks to ensure all is well established before cutting again.

Sounds good I've just put some in my tank I can see some new shoots after 4-5 days so hoping it spreads out nicely.

Wills :)

Sounds good I've just put some in my tank I can see some new shoots after 4-5 days so hoping it spreads out nicely.

Wills :)
Are you still using CO2? Even with the fast growers it looks far more under control now. (says he with the rampant jungle in the making :lol:)

Are you still using CO2? Even with the fast growers it looks far more under control now. (says he with the rampant jungle in the making :lol:)

Yep still putting it in, upped my fertiliser now as well which I got as a tip from the George Farmer podcast. Need to keep on top of the fast growers but think I'm on a good path now. Think this will be the only tank I ever do with Co2 though, hoping for some more tanks soon and they will either be unplanted or low tech :).

Wills

Uh oh. Fed them as normal last night by throwing food into the lid without looking. Only after the hordes of embers and chillies had crashed their way to the surface I noticed ... more on that later.
Then this morning while in a particularly boring meeting I decided to prune the hygrophila which was also crashing through the surface. Completely forgetting last nights feed I slid back the lid and started hacking around with a pair of scissors. Actually I quite like the terraced idea.
Then this afternoon it was water change. This time I remembered but too late for that now.
Excuse the scruffy tank, this was a couple of minutes after finishing the WC.
20200914_181103.jpg

Oh and the sparkler trying to impress the ladies with his bubble nesting skills is feeling a little frustrated right now :whistle:

Uh oh. Fed them as normal last night by throwing food into the lid without looking. Only after the hordes of embers and chillies had crashed their way to the surface I noticed ... more on that later.
Then this morning while in a particularly boring meeting I decided to prune the hygrophila which was also crashing through the surface. Completely forgetting last nights feed I slid back the lid and started hacking around with a pair of scissors. Actually I quite like the terraced idea.
Then this afternoon it was water change. This time I remembered but too late for that now.
Excuse the scruffy tank, this was a couple of minutes after finishing the WC.
View attachment 116265
Oh and the sparkler trying to impress the ladies with his bubble nesting skills is feeling a little frustrated right now :whistle:
Looking good Sean :good:

Picked up a pair of those heaters you recommended. Perfect fit behind the sponges :good:
They are perfect for these size tanks. Even better so allowing you to cover them behind the filters easily :)

How you finding the Niscrew led? Im really pleased with mine.

They are perfect for these size tanks. Even better so allowing you to cover them behind the filters easily :)

How you finding the Niscrew led? Im really pleased with mine.
Its great. Running at 50% for 9 hours. Any higher than that and I get cyano in the water sprite roots, but perfect as it is.

We are all eagerly awaiting pics of yours once its up and running :clap:
I just see I ordered the light that doesn't have good controls. D'oh! Just switch between the blue & white & blue settings. Still an absolute bargain!

I just see I ordered the light that doesn't have good controls. D'oh! Just switch between the blue & white & blue settings. Still an absolute bargain!
I ignore the blue on mine and just use one of these for the white https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07X23FZS2/?tag=
That's how I am able to run it at 50% power. It saves a lot of messing around with algae problems if you can control the output, and it allows you to programme in a sunrise and sunset period.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Oh cool! This is the one I got and it's pretty intense. I'll throw that switch into my basket now - thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200914-194416.png
    Screenshot_20200914-194416.png
    241.7 KB · Views: 99

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back