Oddball snails

WhistlingBadger

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I was really wanting to keep malaysian trumpet snails in my new tank, but I've been warned off by enough people I trust that I'm going to take their advice. However, I blundered into a website (Azgardens) that sells several interesting oddball snails--pagoda, rabbit, tower, mini-conch, yellow antenna, towuti--that supposedly burrow like MTS, but don't attempt to take over the world. I'm having trouble finding much info on any of these species, and if I'm going to spend $5-15 on a snail, I'd like to know what I'm getting into. Anybody ever kept any of these? How are they?

OP
WhistlingBadger

WhistlingBadger

Fish Herder
Reaction score
OK, I just found some info on Chopstick Snail (Stenomelania Torulosa). Thanks, Azgardens, for actually giving us the scientific name for this one. I'm intrigued. Might have to try a few in my rice paddy.

Elephant nose 4

Fish Fanatic
Fish of the Month!
Reaction score
I keep rabbit snails really enjoy them, and like said they love to bury. I've also had pagoda but they don't bury as much and needed a different diet as well.

Elephant nose 4

Fish Fanatic
Fish of the Month!
Reaction score
Hi they are mainly algae eaters, I use to feed spirulina powder on stones for them, they also love blanched courgette and algae wafers. I really like them they're cool little guys, but they just didn't live long with me sadly 😔

trending

Staff online

Most reactions - Past 7 days