Odd Couple.. Krib & Ram

LolaLouie

Fish Addict
Joined
Dec 3, 2007
Messages
792
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
London
My Krib and Blue Ram have hooked up, my krib was getting ready to spawn when I sold her mate (I'm trying to get rid of her too) and my Ram's girlfriend died the day after I bought them.

They ar swimming around the whole time together and keep "shaking" at eachother (well the Ram seems to shake more at the Krib than she does at him) and she keeps digging huge holes under the rocks.

Is she actually gonna lay eggs with him? Can he fertilize them??

I never knew fish could pair up with a totally different species from a whole other continent!
 
as you say you have just removed their respective partners and so to compensate they have hooked up.
alot of fish can become 'friends', but it is not possible as far as i'm aware for these two to interbreed, the species are not closely linked in any way.
even if they did spawn the eggs would not be viable.
 
Never heard of this happening before but I guess it could. Though its very unlikely if they do happen to produce fry put me down on the list for a couple of the first batch of "Kram's" :)
 
Never heard of this happening before but I guess it could. Though its very unlikely if they do happen to produce fry put me down on the list for a couple of the first batch of "Kram's" :)

Ha ha yeh maybe I can start a new species.. who needs parrot fish when you have Krams! I'm not sure the LFS would feel the same when I try to unload 400 Kram fry onto them though!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top