Ocean photographer of the year results

Jennet17 75

Fish Crazy
Supporting Member ⭐
Joined
Jul 20, 2026
Messages
295
Reaction score
397
Points
63
Location
Stourbridge, UK
Lovely picture of a giant sunfish next to a diver in with the 13 top photographs this year.

 
I've seen Mola mola off the east coast while whale watching. They are awesome creatures, not in the trite way the word is used now, but in the true sense of creating a sense of awe. I don't care if it's in salt, fresh, humid lowland, clear mountain - the diversity and beauty of life is amazing. A lot of people waste their lives doing everything but looking around themselves and putting themselves where they can experience life.

Last week I loaned my kayak to a friend for the day, and he went down to my favourite local river for a paddle. At the first curve, he encountered a bald eagle taking a leisurely bath. It ignored him til the current drifted him too close, and just went about its business. I think he's understood how a small, silent boat can let you just be part of a river's fauna for a short time.

Can you imagine being the person who took those photos? I don't mean technically, which involves great skill. But to have seen that.
 
@GaryE I love nature in all its forms except for spiders and snails/slugs. Fine outside as long as they don't touch me. In fact I have spent a lot of time watching spiderling babies and just blowing on them gently after a while of watching them spread out over the web, just to watch them all scurry back and huddle in the centre for protection. I have a couple of pictures of them doing this somewhere on my laptop.

Love the jobs all do in nature, it is what makes this world truly fascinating to live in. I haven't had a television in my lounge for many, many years. Just my laptop and my kindle. Love my quiet time.

My husband has a television in his 'man cave' and my grandson has one in his bedroom, so neither of them are deprived. 😜
 

Most reactions

Back
Top