Obsessively Blowing Bubbles

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Bluesand1313

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Lately Ranger, my male betta, has been obsessively blowing a bubble nest. I do have a female, but she is on the other side of my room. I might have accidentally put them beside each other while I was changing tanks or changing the water, but none that I can remember. Is he bored? Or is something wrong? If I had accidentally put them beside each other, would that be why he's blowing his bubble nest obsessively?

He will eat, but all day he guards the bubble nest and makes it bigger most of the time. Swims around looking at the gravel, maybe swims inbetween the plants, but nothing else much then blowing his bubble nest, guarding it, and staring at the ground.

Congratulations! You have a happy, healthy betta.
It's perfectly normal for male bettas to make bubble nests- it's actually a good sign that he is feelin' good, and quite happy!

Blowing bubble nests is a natural behaviour and doesn't always indicate a happy betta although it definately doesn't indicate a sick one. If it's a sudden behaviour, he may have seen the female as you say and that could have triggered him.

Okay, yes it was quite sudden. He always blew bubble nests in the past, but this time he's just been doing it, almost every day and he takes like 10 minutes making the nest, doing some other stuff, then going back to the nest. I think I may have put them down beside eachother.

Most reactions

trending

Back