Oase Biomaster 600 Thermo

cupofjoel

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Oase is a German company that started off specializing in ponds and have moved into the external filter for aquariums business several years ago. I finally got my hand on the Oase Biomaster 600 Thermo, the one that has a heater in the actual filter. Below you will see a pro and con list.

Pros:
Inline heater so you don't need a heater in your tank anymore
Great amount of space for bio, mechanical, and chemical media (I got 4L of matrix in mine!)
Quiet (for the most part, see below)
solid build quality
easy maintenance (prefilter can be removed without taking apart your filter)
Good flow rate

Cons:
Expensive side of filters
inlet and outlet pipes provided are ugly
Constantly purges air bubbles

That last con really hurts this product. I waited days for all air to exit the filter and it still purges air every few minutes. It's loud and it's annoying. Buyer beware because they said they fixed this issue in their 2nd generation units, but it still has to purge air. I own the latest one too. Maybe I got a lemon, but the purging of air is a known issue with these filters.

ArielB74

Reaction score
Constantly purges air bubbles

That last con really hurts this product. I waited days for all air to exit the filter and it still purges air every few minutes. It's loud and it's annoying. Buyer beware because they said they fixed this issue in their 2nd generation units, but it still has to purge air. I own the latest one too. Maybe I got a lemon, but the purging of air is a known issue with these filters.
You should have them send you a new one... I have it and it's completely silent and never purges air (also have the 2nd generation). Sounds like you have a dud.

seangee

Reaction score
Make sure your hoses are as short as possible and as vertical as possible. Try gently rocking the canister from side to side and back and forth to dislodge the bubbles. Its a sealed system so once the air is out there shouldn't be any way for more to get in.

OP
cupofjoel

cupofjoel

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I got the model, but it still purges air. I rock it back and forth and prime it to make sure to get rid of as much air as possible. It's doing better, but once in awhile it will purge air.