Nuvo Aquarium Line

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Man of fish

I'm Interested in.... ----|> that
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting the nuvo nano 16, then upgrading the lighting with a 12" 16 watt wave point super blue LED, and just put this in the middle of the stock lights (both stock lights are about 4" in diameter and are 8 watts and the tank itself is 24" long so I'll have about 20" of light and 32 watts). does anybody have any experience with this tank? positive/negative? should I go with another tank like this? would I be able to grow most corals with that lighting?

I am not sure about the particular tank you mentioned. However, I just got one of those super blue LEDs (by accident...I wanted the 50/50 white/blue but the wrong one arrived...oh well) and should warn you if you haven't already seen one: it is SOOOOOO blue. It's like actinics on steroids compared to the blue bulbs I've seen with other LED and even T5 fixtures for reefs, and the brightness is also incredible for the size. I don't know what the lights are like that you have, but you'd need some pretty impressively strong white lights to get a reasonable balance with the super blue fixtures. 

so instead of the super blue I'm guessing it would be better to do the 50/50?

Since you're getting the 12" one (I missed that before; I've got the 6" version, so a 12" one would be even brighter), I would think that the 50/50 version would be able to light a 24" tank for corals even without using the other two lights. 

ok thanks! I'm either going to go with that light then, a current usa orbit marine light, or a rapidled par 38

ok so I have the tank and I'm really liking it. I got water in yesterday with the live sand and some already cured dry rock. I upgraded the return pump from the 211 GPH, to 2 mini jet 606 pumps that do 153 GPH. I did this to get a about 3/2 the original flow, and also so I could put the skimmer in the middle section lol. I'm going to turn one of the two middle sections (next to the main middle sections) into a refugium using the inTank fuge basket, and the other one has my heater in it. I bought the 2 custom caddy media baskets and I have the sponges like this: in the left side I have it from top to bottom: mechanical sponge, floss, carbon sponge, 2 phosphate sponges. and in the right side: 2 mechanical sponges, 2 carbon sponges, phosphate sponge. and then I plan on putting a bag full of matrix (or two), a bag of purigen, and a bag of phosguard in the chamber with the heater most likely, or maybe the return section. how does this sound? missing anything?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back