Nutrafin CO2 Natural Plant System

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I've been using one for a few months now and am very impressed with the results.

Although worth buying for the diffuser alone, the reality is that it's no better than a DIY job.

Watch out though, I find myself watching bubbles rising for hours on end. Very hypnotic

Don't worry about the cost of running it, I never use Hagen's own mix. Simple sugar and yeast is far cheaper and just as effective.

It works great for aquariums 20 gallons or smaller. You'll have to refill it every few weeks or so. :thumbs:

I was thinking of putting 1 for my DP tank. But what about my 55, would I be better off making one myself or buying 3 of those?

I've had excellent results with two units in my 125 litre. I use 1/4 teaspoon baking yeast and level teaspoon of baking soda and fill the rest up with sugar and water as per the levels marked on the container. This gives me about 1 bubble every 3 seconds per unit and a co2 level of approx 20 mg/l. I change the mixture every two weeks as the bubble rate slows down too much.

Thats what we started with... as some have said. I got it for the defuser.

I've since added another co2 generator and 2 one-way valves so i can stage the bottles so there is less variation in PH (co2 levels)

I think they are £20 for the bottle, 3 schachets and the deffuser with pipe.

Most reactions

Back