Nutrafin Co2 Basic User Guide

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ok because I might try to get one of these for my 29 gallon so I should be ok, thanks. Might add two later since it seems recommended.

Ok because I might try to get one of these for my 29 gallon so I should be ok, thanks. Might add two later since it seems recommended.

Two units are great. You can connect them to a single bubble counter/ladder via a T-connector. It creates an extremely stable CO2 level, since the mixes are then alternately changed. I'd opt for the 1/2 tsp of yeast as George previously suggested. This CO2 setup has worked extremely well for my 20g and 36g tanks.

llj :)

Just wait till you see the difference, my water wisteria grows about an 1" a day

Somehow the mix got into the tubing and into my tank, I did a 45% water change but is this killing my fish? What should Do?

I have got a 120l tank and have bought 2 units fo these units for it. Ive had one going for about a week now, all is going fine. Should i bother adding the second one?

Somehow the mix got into the tubing and into my tank, I did a 45% water change but is this killing my fish? What should Do?

Do water changes to get it out. For future reference use a check valve or bubble counter to separate the tank and the cannister. The check valve is inexpensive and can be found in most any place that sells fish tank supplies. As for the bubble counter you'll have to look that up, because I don't know much about it. Good luck. :)

Thanks for that advice, Yea I did 2 water changes and by morning the filter had gotten everything else out. It doesn't seem to have done anything to the fish. I think I made the mix a bit rich the last time, and the canster got a bit shaken during a move of some stuff around the tank. I will be much more careful next time, but I wouldn't stop using this mix now for the world. I mean my plants have really taking off, so much so that i have had to get rid of most of my water wisteria, just becuase I know it is gonna grow outta control. I had the same 3 stems for like 3 months and after only 14 days I had to cut it down to 1 stem cut into 3 sections becuase I had an addtional 8 stems which I traded.

mine went up the tube and got into my tank last week. i was using 1 tsp of yeast. i am now using 3/4 tsp and 1cm less water and it worked great for 7 days now. chaning mix tonight.

My check valve just failed and now got yeast in my tank. God dam it just as everything was going so well :-(

Oh well seems il be up for a few more hours fixing it... hope all will be ok :unsure:

Should be ok, I would do a few water changes over the next day or two though to remove as much as possible

Ive just done a 50% water change. Luckily i do over filter as i have a TetraTec EX700 running on a 65 litre tank so hopefully that will help. I caught it extremly early as i checked the tank 30 minutes before. I changed my yeast mixture today about 12 hours or so ago so im not sure why its happened.

Still cant understand why my check valve just decided to give up very strange. Hope my fish are ok more then my plants right now. Now co2 overnight untill i get a new check valve in the morning.

Ive just done a 50% water change. Luckily i do over filter as i have a TetraTec EX700 running on a 65 litre tank so hopefully that will help. I caught it extremly early as i checked the tank 30 minutes before. I changed my yeast mixture today about 12 hours or so ago so im not sure why its happened.

Still cant understand why my check valve just decided to give up very strange. Hope my fish are ok more then my plants right now. Now co2 overnight untill i get a new check valve in the morning.

samething happened to me, I did a 50 % water change with no difference then the next day I did a 65% water change and after the filter had done it's job overnight the tank was clear. It didn't hurt the fish at all and a lot of ppl told me at worst they just get a little drunk.........

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back