Nt Labs Start-ok

Scoobyk

New Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have read about this in PFK, and it "seems" to be ideal to ensure accurate fishless cycling. Has anyone any experience of using this and IS it as good as the cycling recommended on the forum (ie, with ammonia) or better ?

Advise would be appreciated as I'm picking up another 240l on Sunday and having learned the hard way with my first tank, want to get this one spot on with how I develop it. Advice / experience appreciated.

G
 
no idea about the Nt labs start but if you already have an established tank, why don't you just take some of the filter material from that and use it on the new tank. Then you won't have to cycle it. Just stock it low for a few weeks while the bacteria recover.
 
Thanks Colin - I did this at Christmas for a tank for my son, and have had no end of trouble since (ammonia spike, lost 4 Clown loaches, and have no lost all but 2 of my platies and mollies (I'm sure a coincidence, but one that's really upset me). This start ok is £8 or so, and if that will cycle the new tank, it's money well spent ! BUT it will be money wasted if it's not up to scratch, that's why I was hoping for some feedback....I'll keep my fingers crossed and see if anyones used it
 

Most reactions

Back
Top