Now What?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ethos

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Its been a month and I don't want this to be nano failure #2. I added the shrimp and snails 2 weeks ago and they have thrived enormously. The shrimp comes out at all times and I've really been able to look over him. Its pretty cool. But when do I add fish. I'm only ancy because last time I waited my tank died. Does the shrimp need to be fed something special? When do I add fish?

Thanks. My tank thread with specs and stuff is on the 2nd page. ;)

When your trank has cycled - hopefully it already has as you have livestock in there already :good:

Well, the shrimp is thriving for sure. He's become very confident and bold. He's bright and active. Does that mean fish will also thrive?

Generally yes, but to be sure I personally would do some test

& do you have a Clean up crew

Agree with Chac :nod:

Normally you'd add fish before shrimps as shrimps can be more picky about water conditions especially nitrates.

Have you got a test kit?

Have you got a test kit?
Not for SW. But if the shrimp has lived and thrived and is more active than ever, isn't that a good sign? I'm not over-playing it either..

Livestock shouldnt be used as test kits :grr:

I will leave it at that

Livestock shouldnt be used as test kits

I will leave it at that
Your right. I was given the thumbs up by a few expeirienced friends a trust worth LFS owner. They were obviously right.

Just wondering why the first tank crashed? Not being rude just want to know ;)

Well It never really was up and running. I got the tank all set-up, got the LS and LR, and while is was cycleing I had to stop because a lack of time, funds, and experience. I tried to sell of the LR but I didn't get it sold to anyone so I ended up giving it away. I never got any livestock or the proper lighting or a really decent filter. So I didn't lose much. I lost just over $100 because I was using a lot of stuff I already owned. But this round I splurged on all the right stuff.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back