Note To Self

fatheadminnow

Fish Aficionado
Joined
Jan 14, 2009
Messages
4,815
Reaction score
14
Points
38
Location
US
Well I just home from work, I am still in my work clothes as I type this, and I looked in my tank and noticed all of my fish, happy as always swimming around and begging for food...lol.

But then I realized I could not find one of my fish, so I looked at the bottom of the tank where I say him this morning, and there he was, laying on his side(died). :sad:

Yes, water parameters are spot on.

He has been acting weird every since I got him last week, so I am pretty sure he was sick when I got him.

Note to self: Make sure to look at the fish closely to make sure they are not sick before you buy fish.

Is there anything I should do? Like treat the water for any disease that could of spread form the died fish?

Sad day... :sad:

Oh well, my LFS is having a sale on fish, so I might get another one.

-FHM
 
any visable damage/disease?

what are your water params?:
NH3/4
NO2
NO3
KH
PH

temp?
species of fish?
foods fed?
Let me get to answering this in a bit.

I am uploading pics of the body so you guys can see if there is anything weird about the body...bloating...etc...

-FHM
 
any visable damage/disease?

what are your water params?:
NH3/4
NO2
NO3
KH
PH

temp?
species of fish?
foods fed?
Sorry for the double post

API Freshwater Master Test Kit

pH - 8.0
Ammonia - 0 ppm
Nitrite - 0 ppm
Nitrate - 5 ppm...fairly heavily planted tank, and I just did my weekly 15% water change yesterday.

Temp - 77 F, it dropped a little through out the week. It was at 80 F when I went off to school, and when I came home(a week later) it was 77 F. So I dont know if the temperature is a contributing factor or not?
African Cichlid, not sure which species...you can try to see if you can I.D. in form the pic, but he lost almost all his color. :sad:
Food - Wardley Flakes and Pellets. I also feed them Frozen Brine Shrimp twice a week.

He lost almost all of his color, he was a very pretty fish when alive.
101_4279.jpg

101_4280.jpg

101_4281.jpg


Any ideas?

Thanks guys for the help.
-FHM
 
are you sure hes an african cichlid?(could somebody clarify?) he looks a new world, an apisto. temp could be a tad higher (82) and a better diet. lots of meaty food: tuna, lamb, mysis and some other foods. (if he is an apisto
 
are you sure hes an african cichlid?(could somebody clarify?) he looks a new world, and apisto. temp could be a tad higher (82) and a better diet. lots of meaty food: tuna, lamb, mysis and some other foods. (if he is an apisto
That would make sense then...why I could not I.D. him myself.

EDIT: This is probably the worst day every! I just got a call from my bank saying that someone got a hold of my debit card number and took almost everything in there.

And being a college student, I barely had any money in there to begin with.

Unless the bank reimburses me, it doesn't look like I will be buying any fish stuff for a while.
:sad:

-FHM
 

Most reactions

Back
Top