Not Ich!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Are the fish rubbing on anything in the tank?
Are they breathing heavily?
How long have they looked like the picture for?

What medication did you use to treat them?
What is the expiry date on the medication?
Was the medication kept in a cool dry dark place?
Did you have carbon in the filter when treating?
How long did you use the medication for?

How long did you use heat for?
What temperature was the water and is the thermometer accurate?

-----------------
It's either whitespot or excess mucous, possibly both.

If it's whitespot, the pattern of the spots should change over a few days as some drop off and new parasites attach. Photograph the fish each day and compare the spots on the images.

Do a 90% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week. This will reduce the number of parasites in the water and give you a chance to see if the spots are changing. If the spots are changing, then the medication might have been out of date or something else went wrong during treatment.

-----
Alternatively, move the fish into a clean plastic storage container of water and leave them there for 24 hours. Then move them into another container of clean water for 24 hours. Continue moving them into a clean container of water every 24 hours for 1 week.

Disinfect the container and any equipment used to move the fish after the fish have been moved into the next one.

If it is whitespot, the parasites will drop off each day and when you move the fish into a clean container, there won't be any new parasites to infect them. After a week of daily moves, the fish should be free of whitespot.
I love this idea for future. Hopefully, won’t need it though. :)

Hang in there. things will get better. The wife and I have been down a little since we no longer can see our granddaughter. Hope June comes fast and this is over.

I feel the same way. My grandkids ride their bikes over but now they’re saying not to let grandchildren visit. They live in the same neighborhood. We drive by and wave at them in the yard and blow kisses. Very lonely. :(

I feel the same way. My grandkids ride their bikes over but now they’re saying not to let grandchildren visit. They live in the same neighborhood. We drive by and wave at them in the yard and blow kisses. Very lonely. :(
I'm sorry! That is rough

Our younger son lives alone 45 miles away. He sliced a chunk of skin off his foot last week on a broken mirror. I could not even go to help him because of the lock down, just talk him through how to dress it over the phone. He may be 37 but he's still my baby and I couldn't be there for him.

Our younger son lives alone 45 miles away. He sliced a chunk of skin off his foot last week on a broken mirror. I could not even go to help him because of the lock down, just talk him through how to dress it over the phone. He may be 37 but he's still my baby and I couldn't be there for him.
Our babies are always our babies!

Most reactions

Back