Not A Pet But They Visited Us Tonight

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Paradise3

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
So I was sat with Darksoul996 watching Piranha and I noticed this little Brimstone Moth sat on the ceiling :) So I decided to get some pictures since he wasn't bothered lol.

Moth1_zps392d9ba8.jpg

Moth2_zpsb4d35136.jpg

And then this little one which I can't identify... I've searched and searched and searched so if anyone can identify him/her for me? :) I'm in Worcester, UK so you don't give me an American Moth or something lol.

Moth_zps2c17bc21.jpg

This one isn't person friendly and keeps flying away so only got this picture of him unfortunately.

I love the coloration of moths, it's so unique!
That first one I honestly thought was a leaf lol.
I'm terrible with identifying moths so I won't even attempt to identify the second one :p

No idea but they look cool. It might be a butterfly!!! Jk jk. Realy no idea. Sorry

We get some weird and wonderful moths over here but nothing compared to the Luna Moth! Would love to see one of those but not in the right place :(

We've had a few more including a Male Magpie Moth and a Black Archer Moth along with a few unknowns :)

1st pic, absolutely right, a Brimstone Moth, lovely!
2nd pic, have had a look on the interwebby but cannot find one thats particularly like that one. Sorry! Stunning though.

Am a particular fan of plume moths, the ones that sorta look like a white cross or a T. Just lovely when you look closely at the details of the wings.

Nice pics BTW! 

I used to work at a butterfly house... Cecropia moths are my favorite. <3

I'll get my other visitors pictures up
laugh.png
Thanks for trying to identify that other one, it's got me confused... I know quite a few moths but I can't find that one anywhere.

Black Arches - Keep thinking it's Archer lol.
15_zps5ce0c12c.jpg

Magpie.
1_zps29fb5421.jpg

12_zps77d69c14.jpg

13_zps266ee7e6.jpg

(Not the best pictures at it decided to go sit either on the fish tank or on the wall behind the fish tank lol)

Scalloped Oak.
18_zps629aba7c.jpg

Wasn't sure on this one but thought it might be a Willow Beauty.
14_zpsd07d27c4.jpg

Oh and another visitor during the day - A Small Tortoiseshell Butterfly
smile.png

19_zps3f5a1b18.jpg

And one that I took a while a go while out walking with the boyfriend - A lovely Male Peacock Butterfly :)
PeacockButterfly_zps472b5a82.jpg

(Sorry this one is watermarked. It was taken for my photography page on Facebook and all my images on there are watermarked)

Great pics. Very clear and focused pictures.

And of course love the patterns on ALL of these!! Particularly the Magpie, just lovely! 

Thank-you :) I'm still working on my photography lol. Some of my best is on my profile(which, of course, includes the Peacock Butterfly above) :lol:

Most reactions

Back