non fish for fresh water

brookie

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
im getting a 10 gal us tank i want to put about 5 inches of livebearers in what other aquatic creatures (non fish) can i put in to go with guppies and mollies?

shrimps would probably be ok i.e.

algae eating shrimps (also called amano shrimp or yamato shrimp)
rock or mountain shrimp
cameroon armoured shimp

I don't know of any more shrimps but some of the above are given other names like fan shrimp, blue fan shrimp and others. Also some can get larger than you may think, rock shrimps can get to 8cm/3'' and the armoured shrimp getting to 15cm/6''.

you could also try dwarf african clawed frogs but not the other species of african clawed frog they can get over 15cm and can eat small fish and should really be kept in a species tank.

hope this is helpful,

ghost

what are the tank dimensions?

Cameroon Armoured Shrimps grow to at least 8 inches (mine was that size when he died) :(

You culd also get some Tiger Snails or some Apple Snails.

im not home right now but i know it is the standard size for ten gal i know that doesnt really help but im not sure i want tiny (up to 2") creatures

Shrimp, mystery or apple snails, or african dwarf frogs. Shrimp are neat little things to watch, and cheap cheap cheap. They swish around and pick up leftover fish food from the bottom. The frogs munch these leftovers too. I don't think snails are really too effective with cleaning algae or leftovers, in my experience, but they're fun to watch.

thanks i have been doing some research head in the books and that is the same list i came up with but im not sure i can put them al in a 10 gal with fish too :D :D

Most reactions

Back