Nobel Prize Winner Right Here

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

sputnick

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
well I was experimenting with my Marineland maxijet pro 1200 to see if I couldn't get more flow in my tank without killing my angelfish. I gave up on my maxi jet after a while, then remembered that I had a Marineland HOB filter in my closet that was pretty noisey. After a failed attempt at quieting that down I had to think of something else. Well a sudden thought popped into my head. Lets put the maxijet in the HOB filter and use the filter as a over flow box! Filled the filter with water and turned on the filter so that I knew I had a syphon going up the intake hose and went to plug the pump in. I looked up to see a jet of water flying up and over my fish tank and landing on my bed thats only 4 feet away. I could only stare for a second trying to figure out what was happening, before i realized it and unplugged the pump. The corner of my comforter is soaked, the corner of my sheets are soaked, the whole corner of my bed is soaked, my dignity is soaked along with the bed, and the worst part now I just want to go to bed. 

So lesson learned, but I must say it had to have been a pretty impressive fountain of water shooting through the air. 
thumbs-up.gif

trail and error! what type of flow are you looking at having.. is it for water surface area tension? thing :p if so and you don't want to get into too expensive things then you can get a small 1-10 gallon filter. it can be either a hang on filter or a stick on..

BerryAttack said:
trail and error! what type of flow are you looking at having.. is it for water surface area tension? thing
tongue2.gif
if so and you don't want to get into too expensive things then you can get a small 1-10 gallon filter. it can be either a hang on filter or a stick on..
I'm just looking to get a better over all flow through the tank. Its full of dead spots and the filter has trouble picking up debris. I also need it a little bit for surface movement but that isn't a big deal.

Oh and once I put the lid on the filter so the water didn't go shooting onto my bed, it still didn't work.. lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back