No Led Retrofit - New Hood/top?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mrapoc

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey all

I have an All pond solutions tank - they don't do it anymore - roughly 60cm width by 40cm depth. 100 litres (I believe). 

The bulbs are T5 15w (two of them) and most local shops don't stock it. All pond solutions have the pair for £12 odd including delivery. 

Now I was getting a bit excited about getting LED lighting but the 15w ones are a weird size - 449mm. 

I'm right in thinking I either need to

1. Abandon the idea and keep getting the cheap tubes - £12 isn't much and 30w total power usage isnt "that" bad.
  2. Get a new hood/get a lighting bracket and make some kind of cover to stop fish jumping out/stuff falling in
If I went for number two will the costs be worth it. If so would you just knock up a perspex top cover cut to size? I want to create a easy to maintain lush aquascape and the current bulbs are only supporting algae really :p

Thanks.

Do you plan on keeping the tank for 5-10 years? If you do, then trying to find an LED light to fit would be worth it. If not, then stick with what you have.

I'll stick with the twin 15w t5. Allpondsolutions do them both for £12 delivered!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back