No Clue What To Do

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

keep the molly. get rid of the pleco..

change to sand and continue with your cycle with the molly. then work out a stock list. ask for advice on the stock. then add new stock. simples! :good:

thats what i would do anyways. im not a fan of fishless cycles cuz im so inpatient. i couldnt have an empty tank sit for that long looool

keep the molly. get rid of the pleco..

change to sand and continue with your cycle with the molly. then work out a stock list. ask for advice on the stock. then add new stock. simples! :good:

thats what i would do anyways. im not a fan of fishless cycles cuz im so inpatient. i couldnt have an empty tank sit for that long looool

Lol ok now i have a place to go back to see what im exposte to do :) hopefully the molly survives .. Weekend with dad only that means that i prob wont be able to get sand or go out to buy stuff .. Hopefully my mollys tumor wont kill him :( and by stock do you mean fish? Pleco no friend will take it may have a hard time to get to the store to return him ill keep changing his water twice aday

your going to have to get rid of the pleco requardless. its going to out grow your tank.

yea by stock i mean other fish.

Hi Luc, I'm getting messages from a friend of yours asking me to help you.

So. I've been through a fish-in cycle and it means changing 80% of the water daily, sometimes twice daily for about 6-8 weeks - sometimes longer. If you are unable to commit to that then a fish-in cycle is out of the question.

The plec needs to go - there is no two ways about it. They are a waste machine and whilst you have a plec in an un-cycled tank you will continue to have problems.

Personally I would get rid of all your fish. Strip the tank down. Clean it. Put your sand in and start a fishless cycle using household ammonia. Once the fishless cycle is done (in about 6 weeks generally) then you can add plants and start adding fish. Add them SLOWLY though. Rushing out and buying a dozen fish in one go could well crash the cycle and put you back where you started.
Plec's are a no-no in such a small tank. Stick with a few easy to keep fish until you become more confident and knowledgable.

Hope that helps

Akasha

Will the plants die in a uncycled tank? And the fish are going asap

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back