Nitrasafe

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Mbuna Dave

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have quite high Nitrates at the present time so i decided to but `Nitrasafe` from `Interpet`.
It is a bag which you put inside the filter,rather like a large teabag.

But my readings are still high and it seems to have done nothing at all to lower the levels.
The packaging claims to rid the tank of Nitrate within a few days but i see no indication of it yet.

What are your views on using this.I know i could do a water change but i thought i would give this a try.?

the best way of lowering NO3 is water changes.
plenty of 20-30% changes over 3 or 4 days will do the trick, and save you money too :p

Never used Nitrasafe so don't know how well it works, but have used Nitra-zorb, very good last quiet a while and DOES lower nitrates. Just out of interest what's the level of nitrates of your tap water ?

By the way G-Dave, how does your Ps Crabros get on with the Labs? I was of the thinking Ps Crabros are to aggressive for the more timid Mbuna.

Thanks all.

The nitrates are between 40 and 80 ppm.The test kit i have used has a colour chart and the colour on the chart for these two measurements look exactly the same to my eyes so it is hard to tell.The test kit is from `Aquarium Pharmaceuticals`.
Like is said i know i could do the water change but i will try anything if it makes life easier.

Fat Boy,the Crabros and labs are still youngsters and get on great.They never fight.In fact they all keep their distance.But tomorrow that may change because i am going shopping again.I have seen some stunning A.Calico`s or thats what it says in the shop,i am not exactly sure if they really are but the fishowner says they will be fine with my fish.I also want some Demasoni.I`ll just see whats in store.I`ll let you all know tomorrow night. :)

Glad they get on Dave, I'm just starting a Mbuna tank, got 2 Yellow Labs and 2 Yellow tail Acei today for starters.

Just been reading up on Demasoni, most "experts" say only 1 in a tank as they can be very aggressive esp to their own kind. THIS site may help, let me know what you get.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back