Niger trigger fin rot?

June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Potatopuffer

Reaction score
Hey I’m curious about my niger trigger fin. Iv had him for 3 months and I noticed his bottom fin was damaged. He has been eating regularly and it seems to not bother him. I’m not sure if it’s fin rot or a mechanical damage. Any thoughts? Thank you!
IMG_1836.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1835.jpeg
    IMG_1835.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1834.png
    IMG_1834.png
    297.4 KB · Views: 5
Not sure. But someone should chime in within a few hours. It's a slow time on the forums.

Welcome to TFF. Lots of knowledgeable members here to answer any questions you may have.

Last edited:
Does the fish have a creamy white film over it like in the pictures?
If yes, you need to check the water quality for everything and maybe do a massive (90%) water change.

If the anal (bottom) fin has been like that for 3 months, it isn't fin rot.

Does the fish have a creamy white film over it like in the pictures?
If yes, you need to check the water quality for everything and maybe do a massive (90%) water change.

If the anal (bottom) fin has been like that for 3 months, it isn't fin rot.
He has had it for a week or so. There is no white film on him. My ammonia - 0ppm Nitrite - 0 ppm Nitrate-12 ppm

Can you post another picture of him and maybe a video?
Videos can be uploaded to YouTube, then copy & paste the link here. If you use a mobile phone to fill the fish, hold the phone horizontally (landscape mode) so the footage fills the entire screen and doesn't have black bars on either side.

Videos can be uploaded to YouTube, then copy & paste the link here. If you use a mobile phone to fill the fish, hold the phone horizontally (landscape mode) so the footage fills the entire screen and doesn't have black bars on either side.
here the video it’s vertical but fill up the whole screen. Thank you

The fish's eyes look cloudy, which is usually water quality related.

The anal fin doesn't look too bad.

What else is in the tank?
It's more likely to be a bite than fin rot

The fish's eyes look cloudy, which is usually water quality related.

The anal fin doesn't look too bad.

What else is in the tank?
It's more likely to be a bite than fin rot
I have 2 clownfish, 1 flame hawk fish, 1 fiji canary blenny, and a porcupine puffer

The puffer might have bitten the trigger. I would monitor it over the next week. If it gets worse, post more pictures, and watch the puffer to see if it's nipping anyone else.

The puffer might have bitten the trigger. I would monitor it over the next week. If it gets worse, post more pictures, and watch the puffer to see if it's nipping anyone else.
Okay sweet. Thank you for your help!

Most reactions

Back