--> Nick's Journal <--

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

thanks phage. :good:

yeah, my previous crypts grew very flat and sideways, i put it down to the conditions in the tank. i guess/hope i have got them right by now, but still not happy with my co2 diffusion

the vallis has all gone, just a couple of pictures to keep the journal going. i need to up my stem trimming skills but this is my first ever planted tank.

editedIMGP5403.jpg

IMGP5406.jpg

One of my SAE's (True ones of course :good: )
IMGP5417.jpg

Is it better without the vallis? (to me it is)

Comments welcome :)

Looking nice m8 filling out nicely :). Have to agree about the vallis, tanks looks alot less clutered now ;)

its taken it away from a jungle scape, more to an island scape.

fantastic tank, better without the vallis, looks island like; which u just said =]

really great! nice SAE piccie, i love the way they eat the courgette/cucumber :wub:

its taken it away from a jungle scape, more to an island scape.

I agree, but I did personally find that the "wall" of Vallis took away from the other plants. I see the other stems much more now. I've limited my vallis to one side of a right-triangle scape, and sometimes it is difficult to control. It sends a lot of runners that I have to keep on top of.

If you trim carefully, you can encourage more of a bushy look with the plant that's blushing pink at the tips. Try to encourage pink tips of various lengths. That will look stunning. You have the beginnings of a very nice Right-triangle scape.

Very pretty. :good:

hello all,
a small update to keep the journal ticking over....

IMGP5683.jpg

IMGP5688.jpg

As usual C+C welcome :good:

im jealous!

look at the pearling! your tank is superb mate... just amazing :drool:

I know this is very late (and you probably already know it), but the bristlenose looks like a male to me.

More updates please!

AmazonFTW

sorry, this tank was taken down in august 2009. (roughly)

the bristlenose was a female.

Most reactions

Back