---> Nicks Cichlid Journal <---

oops misread your size of the tank sorry dont know why i thought is was a 2x1x1 :blink:
if you get a fair size green or blue phantom i dont see any issues especially with thte fish you are keeping :good:

its not so much the fish its the water parameters.

i have hard water here anyway which does dictate what fish i can keep (e.g no german rams)... but i also have a coral substrate to suit the cichlids so the water is very hard. im not sure if the more expensive plecs will be as tolerable as the BN's. Certainly not as cheap to replace.

love the fry Nick!

are you enjoying this tank?

i am actually, makes a change from the planted world. i do miss the progression planted tanks go through and will certainly return to them at some point, but cihclid tanks are much less stressful (unless you get the mass murdering mbuna's) as your not constantly checking co2 levels etc.

getting hold of the fish i want isnt easy, hence going to breeders and mates is the only way to obtain them really as opposed to the standard stocking of planted tanks with easily obtainable community fish.

have thought about adding more live plants like vallis, but it will get munched and i havent any soil or ferts for the planters.

so i might get more anubias or JF.

Most reactions

Back