Newbie To Nano Reefs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Silversun5

Reaction score
i have seen nano reefs in a couple of fish stores and personally i would love to have one but i honestly dont know what i need and where to get it from. I have a 55 g fresh water tank and thats great but now i'm in college and i need a hobby and i think this might be it. i'm completely a newbie when it comes to salt water tanks and esp a nano reef. any info would help. thanx guys

i have seen nano reefs in a couple of fish stores and personally i would love to have one but i honestly dont know what i need and where to get it from. I have a 55 g fresh water tank and thats great but now i'm in college and i need a hobby and i think this might be it. i'm completely a newbie when it comes to salt water tanks and esp a nano reef. any info would help. thanx guys
First, I would suggest reading all of the topics pinned to the top of the Marine & Reef Chit Chat section. There's a lot of really good information there that covers a lot of basic starter topics. A nano reef is a challenge, but can be very rewarding :)

Also, take a look through a couple of the journals or diaries here in this section. There are several different ways you can set up a nano - no one way is right or wrong, just different preferences. They'll give you a good guide as to the equipment you'll need and the starting steps to get going.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back