Newb question about water conditioners

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Raws69

Reaction score
Hi

currently setting up a new 120l tank, up to now just been running an outdoor hose into the tank when filling up from a 50% water change and adding the right amount of prime at the beginning of the fill directly to the tank. This was fine with no fish in there etc. However Iā€™ve started a clean-up crew consisting of 6 cherry shrimp and know that they are susceptible to metals in the water plus my outdoor tap runs from cold and therefore water temp might be a shocking prospect.

I canā€™t connect a hose to my indoor tapes, so Iā€™m thinking of continuously pumping water from a 30l bucket that will be filled with water from an indoor running tap (at a decent temp) until Iā€™ve completed the 50% change, but not sure when to add the prime. Does it last sufficiently in the water so that I can just add to full amount to the tank and then take 15mins or so to fill, or do I need to spread the dose across the duration?

hope this makes sense,

Prime say whilst its effects are instant, its better to pretreat the water. However if that's not possible, add the Prime beforehand

Most reactions

trending

Back