New V2 Compact Skimmer

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

AdAndrews

Marine Enthusiast!
Reaction score
I have noticed the new range of v2 skimmers, the compact range from tmc. For my 125litre, i'd be looking at the v2 300, but does anyone use them, it will be a bit of time before i buy one.

I have measured it up, and it seems to be a perfec fit with my fluval roma hood, sitting on the side-just will need to make adjustments to the flap..

whats the earliest s.g it can be used under?

and is it quiet( i hear its ok to turn it off at night??)

I have noticed the new range of v2 skimmers, the compact range from tmc. For my 125litre, i'd be looking at the v2 300, but does anyone use them, it will be a bit of time before i buy one.

i wouldn't buy one - i would get a deltec mce 300

I have measured it up, and it seems to be a perfec fit with my fluval roma hood, sitting on the side-just will need to make adjustments to the flap..

No skimmer is quiet - some people turn off the the skimmer at night if it stops them sleeping but I would want to run it 24/7

Seffie x

i wouldn't buy one - i would get a deltec mce 300

No skimmer is quiet - some people turn off the the skimmer at night if it stops them sleeping but I would want to run it 24/7

Seffie x

i would get a mce 300 if i could, but, it simply doesnt fit with the lid design i have :crazy:

thanks

I'd really like to know about the V2Skim 300 compact skimmer too. I've got a 125 litre as well and am having trouble getting a second hand Deltec MCE 300. Would be grateful if anyone who's got one of these new skimmers to post here and review it ^-^

ive read a little about them on the pracicalfishkeeping mag website, it says there will be a review in an coming issue, so, we'll have to wait and see

I've just given in and bought a Deltec MCE 300. Lol. Everybody seems to rave about them, managed to get a brand new one for £132.99.

I've just given in and bought a Deltec MCE 300. Lol. Everybody seems to rave about them, managed to get a brand new one for £132.99.

did your buy your skimmer online, cant seem to find one under £150 just wondered where you got it. thanks steve

http://aquatic-store.co.uk/marine/view/1220 for steve

I ran a TMC skimmer on my system for a few weeks I was not to impressed not sure why they do not perform so well, Deltec are good but pricey I went for an Aqua Medic and am very pleased with the result. There is also a lot of Buzz about the Bubble Magus range but the cheaper ones use a very poor pump by all accounts.

Forgot to say I went with the Turboflotor 3000 Blue

im not a fan of TMC skimmers either, ive got one lol.

Bubble magus ones are supposed to be the dogsdanglies. They are blatent rip offs of the massively expensive German ones. Top end deltecs, red dragons etc and start at £160 quid.

NAC7.jpg

The KZ cone skimmer that this is based on is like £700 and thats £160 ^

They do some HOB ones too...thats where my money will be going once i get my new one.

2009429165321.jpg

imagine drinking that :p

Yip just the NAC 7 uses a poor quaility pump (seen it in action and hums something terrible) the BM180 is basically the same skimmer but with an Aquabee pump in and is much better but the prices reflect this.

one i saw was pretty much silent. the aquabee ones are better though. For the money i dont think tehy can be beaten, although it shows how much we get fleaced for everythign else

i have v2 skim 200 compact on my 125 ltr tank tbh i am very please with it gets loads out and can hardly hear anything which is good

an old thread i know, but im still gathering the stuff i need the convert my rio 125 to marine and im not sure what skimmer to get. was looking at either the v2 120 or the 200. would either of these be enough? i intend to keep corals when the tank has been running a while. the wife doesnt want a huge skimmer sticking out of the top as it will clash with her nice wallpaper so... i have to resort to a compact one. any advice appreciated :)

All day and every day I would buy a deltec, probably the 300 for your tank and I would buy it second-hand :good:

However, dont think swmbo will like it, it sticks out the top

Seffie x

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back