New To To Tropical Fish Keeping (Dwarf Puffer)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

su192.jpg

That's the puffer's temporary 90l home :) / previously my main or community tank :)

just need her a name now :good:

ideas welcome ... also i need to natural plant this tank this weekend ideas ??

They will bum you for full price, probably around £150.

What does it say under my picture? lol.

Team TetraTEC
{ Insert )
( Pic )
( Here )
Group:Fish Of The Month Winner <<< Grats

thats it all lol

Team TetraTEC

I would let your friend keep the community fish and get another 4 DP's :D

hell no im in love with my community fishies :wub: lol check some of them out at my photo bucket : http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb361/antony92/

least i still have my micro Goldie community for the time being :good:

ohhh yeahh 2team tetra tech :blush:

Kissing gouramis need way bigger than 90L :/

it aint as big as it looks only 3" at 4 years old + the fact that my tanks 60 x 35 x 45 cm kida throws most of the standard rules out the window cause its a pretty roomy tank ... not like the 12" high 12" wide ones you see too often at cheap money -_-
i think the kisser and pleco are going before Christmas tbh the only reason i have them is cause it was part of the deal in buying the tank .
The Pleco is more than likely going to the lfs in trade for a young one maybe 2
(i already found his/her display tank in the shop with another big common in if it goes there).
and i think the kisser will either be ebay or private sale.

suprised no-one said anything about the pleco being too big tbh ... shame on you -_-

anyway according to you every fish i have is too big for my tank ...
..next thing will be that my rummy nose tetra needs 150l to live in ....

The plec and the gouramis.

yeah well like i said they came with the tank :/
on the plus side i re homed the Pleco, Kissing Gourami, 3 cherry barbs, 3 tiger barbs, 2 corydora, 1 neon tetra and one 1 Glowlight tetra all for a modest £10 so now....
... that makes room for the l200 on its way (most expensive fish i ever will own *£40* :blink: ) the albino rainbow shark, 1 rummy tetra and my 3 girly guppies... also i got them a new man for the time being untill i track down a few nice male show guppy to replace him with :good:

oh and the fish of this topic (dwarf puffer) has now been housed in a 18"x10"x10"...not sure on its size bout 7 gal?

plus seems as i had the rest of the day to dispose of i set about a major tank strip down and re decorate on the roma 90 ...
... but to be honest that just resulted in me removing everything and binning all the fake plants ,shocking back drop and servicing the filter with new foams before it gets put away in its box for many moons to come :)

And theres more :shifty:

Managed to track myself down a nice Tetratec EX 700 External Filter and buy it nice and cheap :good:

so in all the perfect and productive day :lol:

No offence right... But have you learnt nothing from this thread? Research is the name of the game...

The L200 or Green Phantom Pleco yeah?
7.5" yeah?
19cm yeah?
Fluval Roma 90 yeah?
2ft long yeah?
1ft wide yeah?

Your tank is not big enough for the Pleco or the Shark. You have rehomed some seemingly ideal fish in the Cherry Barbs and replaced them with a tank busting (Roma 90) Plec. The Shark needs a 3.5-4ft tank due to their speed, size and shape too.

On the other hand, you have brought one of the best external filters there is. :good:

No offence right... But have you learnt nothing from this thread? Research is the name of the game...

The L200 or Green Phantom Pleco yeah?
7.5" yeah?
19cm yeah?
Fluval Roma 90 yeah?
2ft long yeah?
1ft wide yeah?

Your tank is not big enough for the Pleco or the Shark. You have rehomed some seemingly ideal fish in the Cherry Barbs and replaced them with a tank busting (Roma 90) Plec. The Shark needs a 3.5-4ft tank due to their speed, size and shape too.

On the other hand, you have brought one of the best external filters there is. :good:

tank measurements are 14" x 24" x 18"

the Sharks only little and the pleco is only an inch atm basically your judgeing what im buying based on the aspect of me keeping it until it is fully grown .... Thats not what i do when i consider any fish to be too big it will be re homed as asoon as possible but by the time the fish are anywhere near outgrowing this tank i will have allready bought and set up a 5ft :) (approx 6-8 month)..then after that the 90l will house 3 puffers :)

but yeah the pump is great and as silent as i could hope for :)... great advice on that ...told u i was having one :good:

6-8 months is plenty of time to stunt their growth though... Its not really the best attitude to have!

6-8 months is plenty of time to stunt their growth though... Its not really the best attitude to have!

Agree just beacuse its fits does not mean it correct and healthy conditions. A Russian dwarf hamster baby will fit in a Margarine tub but you wouldt keep it there would you? As human being can live in a normal size room if had ammeties but they dont unless forced too as it just aids to ill health. Fish are the same it leads to ill health people are not making this stuff up as they this stuff is fact. Listen to the people who have experince in these fields from what i read your experince is limited why would you think its ok?

I have mainly learnt through "been there, done that" lol. Not just saying it to be awkward mate, saying it as a fellow forum member and fish keeper.

But, at the end of the day you should do what YOU want to do. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back