New To The Forums

Convict0catfish

Reaction score
Hi fish fans, im new to the fish forums and want some advice. I had a 20g breeder with my two convict babbies and 2 pictus catfish. I upgraded to a 55 gallon tank. One convict is about 2", the other 1.5", and the catfish are both 2". I was wanting a pleco or a blood parrot. I dont want to overstock. Also please let me know if there is a smaller pleco that would be compatible.
Thanks
55 gallon
2 convicts
2 pictus

Welcome to the forum! Your tank doesn't sound overstocked to me, as long as there are plenty of hiding spaces for your fish, and as long as you upgrade the tank to a larger size within a couple years. What are your water parameters? Temperature? PH?
I don't know about blood parrots, but a smaller sized pleco that would be compatible in your tank would be a bristlenose pleco (ancistrus sp.). They are commonly available in their natural colors and albino, in longfin and natural variants. They don't get very big (about 4.5" maximum), and are excellent algae/fungal cleaners.

Well if you are looking for excellent algae eaters,.... I would recommend the Bristlenose Plecostomus (albino and common are both good). I think it would become overstocked eventually and you should look into getting a separate tank for the fry,... in the future. Also, if you were to ever breed the Bristlenose defiantly get another aquarium just for the Bristlenose. For now I would recommend getting only one Bristlenose. 
Danget, missed the first reply

Thank you everyone i will look into the bristlenose. My ph is around 7.6-7.8. My temp is 76. Also have alot of hiding places. Thank you for the suggestions.

thats actually i think a little too high of a ph for the brittlenose there ph level 6.5 to 7.4

That is a little high but sorry ncguppy I would say the pH for common Bristlenose, goes from 6-8

The temperature is about average.

well yea ive seen the 6.5 or 6.8 to 7.5 or 7.6 on most of the sites ive seen brittlenose on but i geuss there flexible.

:hi: to the forum.
Your tank sounds like its appropriately stocked, a Bristlenose will make an excellent addition.
I'd love to see some pics of your tank :)

Everytime i try it says the photo is too big. Id love to post photos. If someone knows a way.

There is a maximum of 300kb for a photo.

If you have software available to resize it, then use that. Alternatively, assuming it's a jpeg, there are a number of online sites that will do it for free.

I use paint to resize my pictures. If I resize a picture's height and length to 20% of its normal size, it is usually within the size limit, and is still large enough to make for a decent picture.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back