New To Fishkeeping, This Is My First Tank!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

MattyFish20

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!
Well I've wanted to keep some tropical fish for a while now and after plucking up the courage to do and after reading these forums I bought my first tank. It's a Juwel Rekord 700 (70l) with filter and heater included (as with most juwels).
Finally got delivered yesterday and couldn't wait to set it up!

Here are some pics....

Tank Empty.jpg
Tank with decor.jpg

Not fully completed yet, waiting for some java plants and moss to come and a few rocks. Then I'll have a good aquascaping session :)
Just waiting for it to reach temperature and then I can start my cycle. So happy alalready with it I can't stop looking at it even though there's no fish yet!!

I do have a few questions at the minute and I'm sure more will follow:
The filter came with a carbon media section, I've read a few times that it's too expensive to replace and doesn't really help, in that case could I just swap it out for a different material and if so, what type? It's near the top of the filter underneath the polypad filter.

Also is it necessary to test for chlorine? I did add tapsafe to the water but do I have to check that it's actually worked?

All feedback and answers much appreciated!
Thanks for looking :)

Welcome to the forum, Matty :)

I'd replace the carbon with filter sponge.

If you've added a dechlorinator, you don't need to check for chlorine. All dechlorinators work, if you've used the right amount.

welcomeani.gif
 to TFF, Matty. Cute tank you have there!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back