New tank

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Fishy411

Moved On
Reaction score
Well i might be getting a new tank so i started looking around for stocking options and there is so much more for a 75 than a 55. What i was interested in was

1- Oscar
-1 Needlenosed Gar
1- Banded Leporinus
1- Ornate Pictus
1- Lima Shovelnose
2- Columbian Catsharks

Ok so tell me how Bad this choice of fish is

simple...terrible...

Your oscar will be ok with him and maybe a large plec but much more in a (relatively) small tank for the oscar will cause problems.

Not too sure on the gar.

Depedning on species these grow to big to live with an oscar aswell and pretty sure ther agresive.

The ornate pictus need to be a in a group of 3 minimum which already takes up most fo your stokcing space.

A lima should be ok in there.

Shark cats are a shoaling fish aswell taking up even more stocking space and NEED brackish water and a strong current.

ok i was expecting that so how about
-BAnded Leporinus
- Lima Shovelnose
- Any suggestions for a Active personable fish?

right according to the Baensch book the banded Leporinus is a shoaling fish and reaches aorund 10" so you might beable to pull of a shoal of them.

seeing as your sevrums is going to outgrow your 55, you can move him to your 75 and there have personalities almost as good as oscars when larger.

Paul_MTS said:
right according to the Baensch book the banded Leporinus is a shoaling fish and reaches aorund 10" so you might beable to pull of a shoal of them.

seeing as your sevrums is going to outgrow your 55, you can move him to your 75 and there have personalities almost as good as oscars when larger.
sounds like a plan.

So it would be

3(?)- Banded Leporinus
-1 Lima shovelnose
- Severum.

Thanks for the help.

Most reactions

Back