New Tank Worried About The Weight.

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Omoomly

Reaction score
I have just purchase a 350ltr corner unit and intend to put it in my room upstairs in a normal uk detached house (built around the 70's or 80's i think) it will be placed in the corner next a main outer wall and an inner wall and the base of the stand in flat flush with the floor so even weight distrubution. Im just wondering weather the floor will hold when i fill it with around 80-85 gallons of water and about 50 KG of rock plus the weight of the tank and stand themselves.? anyone got a tank in their bedroom or a room upstairs in your average british detatched home? please help

Mike.

This comes up a regular question round here - advice always boils back to the only person who can tell you is a structural engineer because of the widely varieried building styles/situations etc.

As jonp stated, only an engineer can say without a doubt that there isn't a problem. Unless there is some sort of issue thought, there really shouldn't be a problem with it. The flooring structure on the second floor of a home should be just as sturdy as that of the main floor, especially along the outer walls.

Most reactions

Back