Loony Fish Fishaholic Joined May 12, 2008 Messages 698 Reaction score 0 Points 0 Location Mars. May 6, 2009 #1 1 Silver arowana 5 Discus 1 Tiger Shovel nose catfish Good?
Davo86 Cichlids, Catfish and Oddballs Joined Oct 1, 2007 Messages 5,591 Reaction score 3 Points 36 Location Shropshire UK May 6, 2009 #2 No course it isn't, what arowana ? Tiger shovelnoses get to around the same size as your tank Discus with 2 large predators? not the best idea
No course it isn't, what arowana ? Tiger shovelnoses get to around the same size as your tank Discus with 2 large predators? not the best idea
K K-Holed Fishaholic Joined Jul 5, 2004 Messages 653 Reaction score 0 Points 0 Location Manchester, England May 6, 2009 #3 I'd have to agree with the above post. At around 40", you're going to need one beast of a tank to keep a shovel nose to maturity.
I'd have to agree with the above post. At around 40", you're going to need one beast of a tank to keep a shovel nose to maturity.
Loony Fish Fishaholic Joined May 12, 2008 Messages 698 Reaction score 0 Points 0 Location Mars. May 6, 2009 #4 Oh. I've seen discus with aros, and I didn't know shovels grew that big. I'll do a bit of rethinking on that on.
Oh. I've seen discus with aros, and I didn't know shovels grew that big. I'll do a bit of rethinking on that on.
DiscusKeeper403 . Joined Aug 20, 2006 Messages 4,502 Reaction score 1 Points 0 Location Calgary Alberta May 6, 2009 #5 I only ever seen Discus kept with Aros once. It was a picture on the internet of a tank that was 1000 gallons or something like that, and had a huge shoal of Discus, similar to what it would be like in nature.
I only ever seen Discus kept with Aros once. It was a picture on the internet of a tank that was 1000 gallons or something like that, and had a huge shoal of Discus, similar to what it would be like in nature.