Finally had all the bits I needed to get my new tank set up at the weekend.
Started with this:
Got all the fittings in, added the substrates, planted it up, added the water, and turned everything on.
Disaster! Filter completely dead. Checked everything a dozen times, nothing. Time for a new filter! At this point, the clock was ticking because I had put a load of mature media in the new filter. So that was sitting in water with no flow and no nourishment.
Tried everywhere, buying Rena Filters seems to be impossible. Ended up getting a Fluval instead, so of course that meant changing over all the pipework before I could actually get the thing running.
Still, at the end of the day I have this, which I'm pretty pleased with:
Started with this:
Got all the fittings in, added the substrates, planted it up, added the water, and turned everything on.
Disaster! Filter completely dead. Checked everything a dozen times, nothing. Time for a new filter! At this point, the clock was ticking because I had put a load of mature media in the new filter. So that was sitting in water with no flow and no nourishment.
Tried everywhere, buying Rena Filters seems to be impossible. Ended up getting a Fluval instead, so of course that meant changing over all the pipework before I could actually get the thing running.
Still, at the end of the day I have this, which I'm pretty pleased with:







