New Tank - Ideas For Tank Mates?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

icecoolkitten

Reaction score
hey guys,
my boyfriend has just bought me a Jewel Rio 400 for my birthday *woohoo!!*
and i was just wondering what your thoughts were on which fish i should get for it.
i'll be looking at making it a communial tank and moving my angel & 7glowlights over from my much smaller tank so have you got any ideas on some tank mates??

(i wont be setting it up for a couple of weeks yet - in the middle of moving houses so it's being stored at his work at the moment -but i'll be sure to let you know what i get and post up some pics!!)

thanks for any ideas!!

Ooh, what about some more angels? You may as well get some more and have a little shoal of them going.
Your tank is so huge you could do anything you want with it. I'm getting excited for you. Which is fairly sad :huh:

Why don't you get a huge shoal of one particular Cory - I have 5 albinos in mine and they're hilarious. I reckon 10 would look great in yours.

I think you should up the number of glowlights to something near 15, they'll look lovely in a big group.

What kind of fish do you like? Would you like smallish numbers of lots of different fish, or larger numbers of a few?

Monkey

Once cycled (if you use some of your mature media this wont take long) then how about adding a large shoal of rainbows, boesmani perhaps? Beautiful fish, who would appreaciate your size tank - peaceful wouldnt bother the angels either.

Some kind of corydora is always a good addition, like monkey I love albino corydoars, active, mad as hatters, and a large groups of 6+ would be fantastic and keep the bottom extremely active (although they also swim like made things all over the tank!)

Also add numbers to the glolight shoal :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back