New Tank = Happy Fish

JustKia

Fish Herder
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
1,068
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Warwickshire, UK
Having finally moved everyone from my 125L/33Gal to the 275L/72Gal I swear I now see more of my fish.
They aren't hiding out (even though there is plenty of hidey places), swimming about enjoying the freedom I guess LOL
Oh, and of course, the Peppered corys are spawning...
 
Yay! I'm sure they're all very happy, That's a big upgrade, bet you're thrilled! You'll have to keep us updated on any cory fry :)

-Rezz
 
With 2 juvies (from 2 different spawns) in the main tank and 4 fry in a grow out tank, I'm not saving any peppered eggs for a while. If they survive, then fine (the 2 juvies in there are from spawns that I just left be).
However, if I can get the albinos (bronze) to spawn again I'll move them to the fry tank and also if the hastatus spawn again.
I've also got some very eggy kuhlis and a pair of bristlenoses - that if they haven't already, I think will pretty soon be spawning.
 
wahoo :D soon as i moved my corys in to a biger tank they started layin eggs they must just like movin tanks lol
 
do they need to move, or would just being in a big tank help them spawn, i want the bronzes ill be buying soon to spawn if i can get them to, and my tank is a fair size.
 
This crew have been spawning regular since they matured.
A nice big water change of slightly cooler water often helps get them going - makes them think it's the rainy season I guess.
That said this is the biggest spawn I've seen from them yet.

But this tank has much better flow and all the fish are much happier.
Neon tetras are nicely coloured up, loaches are all playful, danios are enjoying the extra swimming space =)
 
This crew have been spawning regular since they matured.
A nice big water change of slightly cooler water often helps get them going - makes them think it's the rainy season I guess.
That said this is the biggest spawn I've seen from them yet.

But this tank has much better flow and all the fish are much happier.
Neon tetras are nicely coloured up, loaches are all playful, danios are enjoying the extra swimming space =)

ya right about the big watechange of cooler water iv just had another batch laid and only changed the water a few hurs ago
 

Most reactions

Back
Top