New Tank - Fluval Edge

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

stucolls

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi guys, just wanted to run something by you!!

My friend who works in pets at home somehow managed to wangle me a free Fluval Edge, it holds 25 litres. Really really gorgeous tank,perfect for a desk, lounge, bedroom etc.

I wondered firstly if anyone had any experience of using one as a nano set up??

It has a built in filter/light system which is a Hagen aquaclear A600-30 I think?? the tank itself is 25 litres. The lights are fluval (hinged system) and halogen bulbs.

I wondered as before, if there is any experience of using this tank and then wanted to run by my ideas to ensure I had it right in my head....

so, if its a 25 litre tank, im thinking I will need: 3kg LR (plus some rubble in the HOB filter), sand, RO water, heater, possibly 1 power head??. Then would I get away with a CUC and perhaps 1 maybe 2 fish?? was thinking clowns/gobies etc.

Any thoughts/experience greatly appreciated.

Stu

Jenny Bugs has done one of these tanks and I am assisting someone with one of these projects as well first thing we did was get rid of the standard bulbs they are way to yellow Order some LED MR11 bulbs cool whites.

Stock wise a pair of harlequin shrimps would be v cool if you had good access to starfish to feed them. you could keep something like the bean Gobys in there but you are quiet limited to stock choice.

you should add a Koralia Nano in there for flow

with the MR11s you could do some nice work with Rics and Zoas

Hi good luck with your set up would be cool to see it running.....post some pics when you get a chance :good:

Hi and :hi:

This is the first time looking at this aquarium for me and I agree it is a 'cute' looking setup. The Aquaclear could easily work: remove all the sponges, ceramics etc and you could keep your media in there (phosphate binder, etc).

The lighting IS inadequate to keep any corals. Halogen IS too yellow and also is hot. If you can change to LED as suggested above, low lighting corals would survive (mushrooms).

Not sure how the heat runs but you may need a small heater. I would do your mods first then run it with water to see what your temperature settles at.

I would avoid fish in there unless very small..neon gobies, eg. No starfish. Try an invertbrate setup with shrimp, snails and a crab (mithrax).

WTG.

SH

nice to not see someone blowing this tank out of the water, and offering some good advice!

Most reactions

Back