New Tank First Fish

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

They are meant to simulate the spectrum of the sun, depending on the bulbs. Blue usually simulates the dim sunlight or moonlight, while white lights tend to mimic the tropical sunlight the fish receive in the water, which can be beneficial in growing needed bacteria. Be sure to read up on the different bulbs before purchasing.
I might have read the post incorrectly, I believe you put seven fish in the tank at once? If so watch the water parameters they will most likely spike up. So be ready with water to make a few partial water changes.
Good Luck

Well they say wild clowns color are more bright. that's why I got wild clown, but they all died with in a few days :(

I ended up getting

4 x Percula Clownfish - Wild
1 x Yellow Tang
1 x Bicolor Angelfish (A)
1 x Pink Tip Haitian Anemone

The anemone was free

4 Clowns in 1 tank is a bad idea - as Skifletch has stated try to stick to 2

Yellow Tang - Your tank is undersized for any tang to live a healthy & productive life in there

Bicoloured Angel - Good Fish & suitable for that size of tank

Annemmone - Bad idea in any new tank, but more so when the owner doesnt know its full requirements, there are a few stories on here where member have bought annemmones without any idea on there needs & they have died & wiped out there livestock

If you decide to keep the annemmone, you will need to upgrade you lighting soon, look into protecting the annemmone from being sucked up any powerheads of pumps in the tank, do a lot of reaseach on the individual type annemmone needs & feeding & also the tank paremeters that you will need to maintain your tank at or it will perish

Four Clownfish actually make a cool display, because they interact more than two Clowns would.

It's when you get an odd number of Clownfish that the hierarchy can go awry - it's because the smallest one may be singled out and attacked by the established pairs.

However, I'm not too sure about that; in the wild Clownfish live in matriarchal groups with a dominant female and her mate. If the female dies, then her former mate will change into a female and choose a new mate from the "satellite" males that live with them. Unfortunately, in captivity specialized groups like this may degrade. :(

-Lynden

Yeah my lighting sucks...I got home the anemone was all out and now it fell in a hole. Should I fork it out? I think it's slowly diying

No dont fork it it it may still be alive & you could do the right thing by returning it to your LFS before it does die, althought in saying this it may actually be to late for the nem but you may manage to save the rest of your livestock before it pollutes your tank

Do some reasearch on Nems before killing another one

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=160869

This is typical of the throw away society we live in today - never cost anything so it doesnt matter

Ok before everyone starts freaking out I'm not going on a killing rampage..ok. By forking it out I meant taking it out of the hole, since my fingers don't fit in there.

I did take it out of the hole, I had to take my live rock out of the water and kinda hit it upside down for the anemone to come out. It did come out and I placed it back in the tank in another spot, closer to my lights. It seems to do well at night but when I turn the lights on it kinda shrivels up. It's moving around.

Thanx for the link I will definitly take a look at it.

Great Article....obviously I had no idea what I was doing with it. I thought when it was deflated it wasn't doing well. It's probably just stressed out. I will leave it alone and I will buy some better lights tonight after school.

Thanx for the input

:)

Unfortunately, in captivity specialized groups like this may degrade. :(

Exactly, hence multiples of 2 are desired.

That's what I said, right? ;)

-Lynden

Yes.No.Maybe So.

I believe you are on a killing rampage. :rolleyes: lol jk. It's not very desrireable to kill SW fish since there so dam expensive thats why I take every pracaution and make sure I do everything by the book. As for your fingers, I think there too big plastic surgery will help with that. And lets see what else, Um I think thats about it.

lol on a more serious note, I think your taking the correct steps by buying better lighting that will help a lot.

Most reactions

Back