New Tank Coming My Way!

ghent_3rd

Fish Addict
Joined
Sep 7, 2004
Messages
836
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Leicester, England
At last the girlfiend has gave me the all clear to get a bigger tank!! :hyper: :lol: :)

I am upgrading from a rekord 60 :sad: to a nice big rio 180 :hyper: :hyper: .


It is going to happen in the next few weeks but I just have a few questions to ask.

1. Can I take some filter media out of my current tank and place into new tank to help along with cycling once all the temperature has been set-up correctly.

2. Do I need to wait for temperature to be correct before adding any plants?

3. Am I correct in saying that plants will grow better in a sand substrate than a gravel?

4. What is the best way to implement a heating cable into my setup?

Sorry there is so many questions but I want to make sure that I get this tank just right!!!
 
The numbers 60 and 180 are litres, right?

1.) Yes, the bacteria in the old filter media should definitely help populate the new media in the other tank
2.) Since you will probably be adding water that is close to the target temperature, and most likely a heater right after, wouldn't the temperature be near what you want it nearly from the start? *confused* *shrugs*
Failure to give decent answers to the rest. *scratches his head*
 
1) yes you can.

2) the plants would be fine when put right away.

3) yes.

4) they should have intructions in the package where u get them but i think u just lay it out before you put the sand/gravel in the tank. Not sure though.
 
Yes the 60 and the 180 are litres.

I know that the filter media should not be allowed to dry out and I think that I am going to go without the heating cable after a chat with a great, helpful guy at my LFS put me onto a few surefire winners with plants!! (i hope) :hey: :hey:
 
Yes the 60 and the 180 are litres.

I know that the filter media should not be allowed to dry out and I think that I am going to go without the heating cable after a chat with a great, helpful guy at my LFS put me onto a few surefire winners with plants!! (i hope) :hey: :hey:

and you're not going to share?! tsk
 

Most reactions

Back
Top