New Tank And Guppies Died

Add the ammonia seeing as you are at the beginning you may not see any result change for about a week sometimes more?

thanks, think i get the process lol, its so much info

tell me about it, I was daunted by it all when I started, as I was waiting for the tank to arrive, reading the process made me feel like sending the tank back!

Once I had read, and re-read the fishless cycling thread though and sort of understood it, the process was smooth and easy!

Keep the thread alive like I said and as you can see plenty of people will be able to help out and answer all our daft questions :lol:

Keep the thread alive like I said and as you can see plenty of people will be able to help out and answer all our daft questions :lol:

thanks will keep you all posted

also if some1 could donate some mature filter matter i would appreciate it and i will pay

ok i have my ammonia, do i need to do a water change before adding or can i just put ammonia in now

No need for water changes just yet unless you didn't use any dechlorinator to treat it initially. Just put in the ammonia and test every 24 hours although for the first week you won't see much change

No need for water changes just yet unless you didn't use any dechlorinator to treat it initially. Just put in the ammonia and test every 24 hours although for the first week you won't see much change

used tapsafe and i have filter start, shall i stop the filter start now

Keep the filter running as this will be the 'home' of all the good bacteria the cycle will create! also bump the heat up on your heater to 29-30 and then sit back and wait!! :clap:

Keep the filter running as this will be the 'home' of all the good bacteria the cycle will create! also bump the heat up on your heater to 29-30 and then sit back and wait!! :clap:

thank you, theres a filter start liquid ive been using every 2 days is that ok to still use or would it be no point

That filter start liquid is probably useless as unless it has been stored correctly in the shop where it was purchased all the good bacteria in it will probably be dead and useless!?! But we are creating new bacteria from scratch so you won't miss it i'd bin it!

no point in using it. Those 'filter in a bottle' products dont work.

thank you, just added 2.5mls, smelt like my cats wee lol also upped the temp to 30, will wait until my test kit arrives and then test for ammonia

That filter start liquid is probably useless as unless it has been stored correctly in the shop where it was purchased all the good bacteria in it will probably be dead and useless!?! But we are creating new bacteria from scratch so you won't miss it i'd bin it!

filter start now in bin lol

OK cool you're up and running, keep posting everday with your results and we'll help you keep on track. I'm still cycling myself and by no means an expert and make sure you read the instructions on your test kit thoroughly as certain tests differ. What test kit have you ordered as the paper ones are poor but most people recommenr the liquid ones API master freshwater test kit appears to get the nod on here and the results are easier to gauge! :thumbs:

OK cool you're up and running, keep posting everday with your results and we'll help you keep on track. I'm still cycling myself and by no means an expert and make sure you read the instructions on your test kit thoroughly as certain tests differ. What test kit have you ordered as the paper ones are poor but most people recommenr the liquid ones API master freshwater test kit appears to get the nod on here and the results are easier to gauge! :thumbs:

ive ordered the api one off ebay. Will tell my sis about this as her tank is new and shes lost 2 catfish, she has 1 catfish left but pet shop said she can get more fish this weekend but worried they might die aswell

Most reactions

Back